My series for solo-moms regarding dating.
I wish had a nickle for every time I went to the grocery store without a list and ended up with so much more than I was shopping for- I'd still be poor because most of those eye-catching impulse buys cost more than 5 cents! The point is that I start off going to the store with a vision of what I am looking for- and I end up distracted leaving with something I never intended on buying.
Heres the deal: Solo Moms dont really have the luxury of dating for fun. We have our child(ren) 100% of the time, and the other parent is no longer in the picture. We are working to support our little ones, and with our time off we are spending it enjoying the snot out of them! I know, I have a lot of guilt if I get a sitter for any reason not work related!! Seriously, get a sitter so I can go out on a date... I dont have the time or energy to invest in blindly feeling out Mr. Right from all the Mr. Right-Nows. Also, for most Solo Moms I know, falling in love is a calculated choice... rarely can we be sweet talked and wooed with flowers. So, lets harness this newly found power, and focus it into a vision of what we are looking for!
10 Reasons why you should start dating with a vision:
- You give your dating a purpose.
- You (and more importantly your little one) wont have your heart involved with someone that shouldnt be a part of your forever future.
- Solo moms dont have time to waste dating Mr. Right-Nows- this will help you avoid squander your valued time resulting in an unproductive outcome.
- You are able to teach your child an important lesson: never compromise, value yourself, and expect and only accept the best.
- You get to embrace your freedom and freely enjoy your time alone with your child(ren).
- You have a chance to avoid the pitfalls and mistakes made before.
- It isnt just about you anymore- you have the hearts of your children that may become invested and attached... as mothers we will do just about anything to protect our babies! Dating shouldnt be any different.
- Make dating a life lesson for your child by showing your child with your actions that you value yourself and them.
- Creating a vision will help you choose wisely this time around.
- Finding the man that fits that vision will help you to eliminate insecurities that can cause doubt.
Next post: Questions to provoke visionary thoughts of Mr. Right!